Class Reunion information for Clearfield Area High School
Original Pen & Ink drawing of the "Old" Clearfield High School by David Yocum. Courtesy the artist. See more pictures .
" Here's to the praise " refers to the opening line of the
C.H.S. Alma Mater ( Newly Updated with VIDEO )
Current High School in Hyde ( 1975 - Present )
This building, identified on the post card as "High School, Clearfield,Pa" was located where the current Clearfield Borough Police Station now stands. Before that on this site had, I believe, once stood the "Clearfield Academy", which may have been an entirely different building or an earlier incarnation of this same one. It was used as the Junior High when the building at the very top of the page was the High School, and later, when the Mill Road building debuted this became "Junior High East" while the other was "Junior High West".
clearfieldreunions.com and the above mentioned sites are neither affiliated with
nor endorsed by the Clearfield Area School District
C.H.S. and the Academies
Places to Stay and to Eat while in CLEARFIELD
Reunions in 2014 & 2015:
The "new" High School on Mill Road ( now the Middle School ) , served until
the graduation of the Class of 1975, after which the present location in Hyde
opened. When the above two buildings served as high schools, Bison Football was played on the field in the Driving Park ( Clearfield County Fair Grounds ) with seating in the Grandstand. This photo is from the 1969 "Bison".
Art Weiss dies
"The Old High School"
"The Mill Road High School" ( 1956-1975 )
See how the Bison
statue came to be !
The 2013-14 School Year was to be the final time that the CASD occupied
the Mill Road building. To commemorate the occasion, the Class of 1975 - the last
class to graduate there - hosted a day long celebration and a last chance for all
of the former students to take a tour. And, wow , what great day it was !
Perfect weather and our school looking as good as it did when new.
Major props to the CASD staff and the kids of CMS . .
. . and of course to the Class of 1975 for their "Remember When" Dance.
ypmhqrv , ~6g!dJ.]L)G_
We now find ourselves in a wonderful
dilemma; there are so many entries
of reunions & especially "Bison"
yearbook pages that they are now
indexed on a separate page HERE .
When the Mill Road School was dedicated in 1956, The
Progress published a Special Edition - see it HERE
1964 Class Picnic ~ August 27th - Go Here
Class of 1966 ~ 50th Reunion - click for details
Class of 1971 - 45th Reunion - Message from Vicky ~ click to enlarge ~